Advances in Continuous Chemistry
Symposium Organizer: Dr. Michael E. Kopach, Research Advisor, Eli Lilly and Company
For many decades flow chemistry has been used extensively in the petrochemical industry for its increased safety, efficiency and product quality. Many of these benefits are also directly applicable to orthogonal industries. For these reasons continuous chemistry has recently been gaining interest in academia and the pharmaceutical industry. This session will focus on development of novel continuous chemistry designed to improve safety, quality and efficiency.
Papers for this session should address these type of themes:
- New chemistries which are operated optimally in continuous flow mode
- Gas phase reactions in explosive regimes
- Highly exothermic, high temperature or cryogenic processes
- Integrated synthesis, work-up and analysis
- Case studies with a focus on process safety and material efficiency
- Comparative analyses using metrics which measure sustainability; these include Process Mass Intensity (PMI) and Global Warming Potential (GWP)
Expected participants / contributors: academic researchers and industrial scientists engaged in developing continuous chemistry.