Contact Christiana Briddell, ACS GCI Communications Manager, at [email protected] or by phone at 202-872-6103.
There is no cost to submit your abstract/product for the product showcase. If you abstract/product is selected, you must register for the GC&E Conference. You may elect to attend the full conference, just the day of the event (Tuesday), or, if you are only coming to present at the Product Showcase, a special registration rate of $100 will be available ($195 off one-day rate). See gcande.org/register for more information. We encourage companies to also consider sponsorship or exhibitor opportunities. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Product Showcase presenters will have the option to use a provided poster display board, table, or can bring their own tablet.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Product Showcase session chairs, whom will evaluate them based on the submission criteria. Acceptance notifications will go out in early April 2018.
The GC&E Product Showcase will be held as part of the 22nd Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference’s Poster Session & Reception 4:35-6:45 p.m on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at the Downtown Portland Hilton in Portland, Oregon.
The Poster Session & Reception is well-attended by all conference goers as there are no other events scheduled at this time—and who turns down a free reception anyway? If you have never attended GC&E, it’s a great audience! The Conference attracts a cross section of scientific leaders from industry and academia as well as students, government scientists and others. We expect over 500 people to attend the Conference.
We are inviting submissions from start-ups & early-stage companies through established B2B and B2C brands. We would like B2B companies to bring an example(s) of the end consumer product. For example, if you create biobased plastics, bring an example of its application. The product showcase should be “hands on”.
UPDATE: Abstract submission is closed. There may still be spots in the Showcase. Please contact Christiana Briddell.
Link to register: https://abstracts.acs.org
- You do not to be an ACS Member to submit an abstract, but you will be asked to login with your ACS ID. Instructions to create one if you don’t have one are on the page.
- Once logged in, select “22nd Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference” under Specialty Conferences, then click on the Submission tab to “Create New Submission” to get started.
- Enter your abstract title and in the body please include a description with these three elements:
- Describe how the principles of green chemistry & engineering were used in the creation of the product
- How does the product improve the health, safety and/or environmental impact compared to existing products?
- What are the scientific or process innovations that went into this product?
- Upload a picture of your product if possible. If not, please include a link in the abstract body.
- On the next page, please select “poster only” for your presentation type and “Green Chemistry & Engineering Product Showcase” for your Symposium.
- The rest should be self-explanatory but if you have any questions, please email Christiana Briddell.