The U.S. EPA Green Chemistry Challenge Awards are annual awards that recognize outstanding chemical technologies that incorporate the principles of green chemistry into chemical design, manufacture and use.
These prestigious awards are sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention in partnership with the American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute® and other members of the chemical community.
Awards are given in the following areas:
- Greener Synthetic Pathways
- Greener Reaction Conditions
- The Design of Greener Chemicals
- Small Business (for a technology in any of the three focus areas developed by a small business)
- Academic (for a technology in any of the three focus areas developed by an academic researcher)
- Specific Environmental Benefit: Climate Change (for a technology in any of the three focus areas that reduces greenhouse gas emissions)
2017 Ceremony & Reception
The 2017 U.S. EPA Green Chemistry Challenge Awards ceremony will be held on June 12, 2017, in Washington D.C. at the National Academy of Science. ACS GCI will host a reception following at the same location. If you are interested in attending the Awards ceremony and reception, email ACS GCI to request an invitation.
At the GC&E Conference
The award winners will be part of a U.S. EPA Green Chemistry Challenge Awards winner’s session at GC&E on Tuesday, June 13.