Contact Christiana Briddell, ACS GCI Communications Manager, at email@example.com or by phone at 202-872-6103.
There is no cost to submit your abstract/product for the product showcase. If you abstract/product is selected, you must register for the GC&E Conference. You may elect to attend the full conference, just the day of the event (Wednesday), or, if you are only coming to present at the Product Showcase, a special registration rate of $100 will be available ($195 off one-day rate). See gcande.org/register for more information. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Product Showcase presenters will have the option to use a provided poster display board, table, or can bring their own tablet.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Product Showcase session chairs, whom will evaluate them based on the submission criteria. Acceptance notifications will go out late March 2020.
The GC&E Product Showcase will be held as part of the Poster Session and Reception of the 24th Annual Green Chemistry & Engineering Conference. This two-hour event will take place 4:35-6:45 p.m on Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Seattle in downtown Seattle, Washington.
The Poster Session & Reception is a popular and well-attended by all conference goers—there are no other competing events scheduled at this time. The Conference attracts a cross section of scientific leaders from industry and academia as well as students, government scientists and others. We expect about 600 people at this year’s Conference.
We are inviting submissions from start-ups & early-stage companies through established B2B and B2C brands.
- The product should be market-ready, if not already on the market, and product samples should be displayed as appropriate.
- Submissions need to specifically demonstrate a green chemistry and/or engineering approach; it is not sufficient to have a sustainable product.
- Please remember that green chemistry is not environmental chemistry. The focus should be on the design of the product.
- You must provide sufficient justification of why it is greener (e.g., metrics,third-party testing, certifications, etc.) with an overview of the chemistry when possible.
- We would like B2B companies to bring an example(s) of the end consumer product. For example, if you create biobased plastics, bring an example of its application. The product showcase should be “hands on”.
The abstract submission portal will be open from January 6, 2020 to February 17, 2020.
- You do not to be an ACS Member to submit an abstract, but you will be asked to login with your ACS ID. Instructions to create one if you don’t have one are on the page.
- Once logged in, you will be on the Welcome Page. Click on the Submission tab and “Create New Submission” to get started.
- Enter your abstract title and in the body please include a description with these three elements:
- Describe how the principles of green chemistry & engineering were used in the creation of the product
- How does the product improve the health, safety and/or environmental impact compared to existing products? Please include metrics, third-party testing, certification, and description of chemistry when possible.
- What are the scientific or process innovations that went into this product?
- Upload a picture of your product if possible. If not, please include a link in the abstract body.
- On the next page, please select “poster only” for your presentation type and “Product Showcase: Delivering Green Chemistry to the Market” for your symposium.
- The rest should be self-explanatory but if you have any questions, please email Christiana Briddell.