Green Chemistry Challenge Awards
The U.S. EPA Green Chemistry Challenge Awards are annual awards that recognize outstanding chemical technologies that incorporate the principles of green chemistry into chemical design, manufacture and use.
These prestigious awards are sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention in partnership with the American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute® and other members of the chemical community.
Awards are given in the following areas:
- Greener Synthetic Pathways
- Greener Reaction Conditions
- The Design of Greener Chemicals
- Small Business (for a technology in any of the three focus areas developed by a small business)
- Academic (for a technology in any of the three focus areas developed by an academic researcher)