Green Chemistry Challenge Awards
The U.S. EPA Green Chemistry Challenge Awards are annual awards that recognize outstanding chemical technologies that incorporate the principles of green chemistry into chemical design, manufacture and use.
These prestigious awards are sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention in partnership with the American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute® and other members of the chemical community.
Awards are given in the following areas:
- Greener Synthetic Pathways
- Greener Reaction Conditions
- The Design of Greener Chemicals
- Small Business (for a technology in any of the three focus areas developed by a small business)
- Academic (for a technology in any of the three focus areas developed by an academic researcher)
2019 Ceremony & Reception
The 2019 Green Chemistry Challenge Awards ceremony will be held on Monday, June 10, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. in the EPA’s William Jefferson Clinton Building in Washington D.C. ACS GCI will host a reception following at the same location at 6:00 p.m. If you are interested in attending the Awards ceremony and reception, please RSVP.