By participating in the Green Chemistry & Engineering Virtual Conference, ACS expects attendees to abide by the ACS Volunteer/National Meeting Attendees Code of Conduct Policy and Recording Policy.
Volunteer/National Meeting Attendee Conduct Policy
One of the key strengths of the ACS has been the enduring and varied contributions made by its thousands of dedicated volunteers.
Another unassailable strength of the ACS is its outstanding national meetings program. ACS national meetings are among the most respected scientific meetings in the world. ACS national meetings offer scientific professionals a legitimate platform to present, publish, discuss, and exhibit the most exciting research discoveries and technologies in chemistry and its related disciplines. Furthermore, ACS national meetings facilitate networking opportunities, career development and placement, and provide organizations with opportunities to exhibit products and services to targeted audiences.
The Society’s Congressional Charter explicitly lists among its objectives “the improvement of the qualifications and usefulness of chemists through high standards of professional ethics, education and attainments….” The ACS expects its volunteers and national meeting attendees to display the highest qualities of personal and professional integrity in all aspects of their ACS related activities. Indeed, every chemical professional has obligations to the public, to volunteer and staff colleagues, and to science.
Accordingly, and to foster a positive environment built upon a foundation of trust, respect, open communications, and ethical behavior, the ACS Board of Directors has issued this Conduct Policy. It applies to ACS Volunteers, i.e., it applies to individuals conducting the business and affairs of the ACS without compensation for that conduct. It also applies to attendees at ACS national meetings. Volunteers and national meeting attendees should at all times abide by this Conduct Policy. Specifically:
- Volunteers should understand and support ACS’s vision and mission.
- Volunteers and national meeting attendees should contribute to a collegial, inclusive, positive, and respectful environment for their fellow volunteers and attendees, as well as for other stakeholders, including national meeting vendors and ACS staff.
- Volunteers and national meeting attendees must avoid taking any inappropriate actions based on race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation, presence of disabilities, or educational background. They should show consistent respect to colleagues, regardless of the level of their formal education and whether they are from industry, government or academia, or other scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Volunteers and national meeting attendees should interact with others in a cooperative and respectful manner. Volunteers and national meeting attendees should refrain from using insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language in their ACS interactions. Disruptive, harassing, or inappropriate behavior toward other volunteers, stakeholders, or staff is unacceptable. Personal boundaries set by others must be observed. Harassment of any kind, including but not limited to unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment will not be tolerated.
- Volunteers must obey all applicable laws and regulations of the relevant government authorities while acting on behalf of the ACS. Likewise, national meeting attendees must obey all applicable laws and regulations of the relevant government authorities while attending ACS national meetings. Volunteers and national meeting attendees alike should also ensure that they comply with all applicable safety guidelines relating to public chemistry demonstrations.
- Volunteers and national meeting attendees should only use ACS’s trademarks, insignia, name, logos, and other intellectual property in compliance with ACS regulations and directives as may be issued from time to time.
- Violations of this Conduct Policy should be reported promptly to the ACS Secretary and General Counsel or to the Chair of the ACS Board of Directors. In cases of alleged persistent and/or serious violations of this Conduct Policy, the Board shall review the evidence and shall take such actions as may be appropriate, including but not limited to requiring volunteers to leave their volunteer position(s); precluding volunteers from serving in Society volunteer roles in the future; requiring national meeting attendees to leave the meeting; and, precluding meeting attendees from attending future ACS national meetings. ACS, through its Board of Directors, reserves the right to pursue additional measures as it may determine are appropriate.
No Recording/Capturing Policy
No Image Capturing or Recording Please.
The capturing of images, sounds or stream, downloading, or rebroadcasting of technical session (oral or poster) speakers or presentations is strictly prohibited within the ACS Virtual Meetings’ platform.
Chime Conference Platform Policies
By using Chime, you consent that PSAV will act as a data processor on behalf of the American Chemical Society to process your attendee interactions, social posts, feedback responses and personal notes within the platform. We will collect any information that you submit in this platform and provide statistics about your usage to the American Chemical Society.
As provider of Chime, PSAV will not use the collected information for any purpose other than making it available to you and transferring it to the American Chemical Society after the event. PSAV will delete any personally identifiable information (PII) you submit, including but not limited to email addresses, headshots and app submissions, from all its systems on or before September 27, 2020.
As an attendee of this event, you are in control of your profile and how your information is shared. You may remove yourself from view in the attendee list to make yourself unavailable for virtual networking, as well as turn off the chat function. Instructions for how to do so are provided for you inside the platform and you can easily reverse your decision at any time.