Volunteer at the 28th Annual Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference
Are you interested in volunteering at the 2024 GC&E Conference?
- A minimum of 4 hours of volunteer time per day is required.
- In return for their time, conference volunteers will obtain FREE access to the general conference proceedings and student housing for that particular day and the volunteer lounge.
- Conference volunteers are asked to be flexible (consider volunteering for multiple days and time blocks), prepared to fill multiple roles, and assist ACS GCI staff with special projects as needed.
- Volunteers must be US-based.
- Volunteer travel and meal expenses will not be reimbursed.
Volunteer Type & Responsibilities
- Welcome conference attendees
- Assist with conference on-site registration and provide general conference information.
- Distribute badges and conference materials.
- Direct attendees to plenary, breakfast, and conference mobile app assistants.
- Welcome conference attendees in a pleasant and professional manner. Ensure all attendees have badges that reflect the current 2024 conference dates. Note: Badges should be worn at all times for the duration of the conference. If an attendee is not wearing a badge, they should be directed to the conference registration booth.
- Assist ACS GCI staff and/or keynote speaker as needed.
- Assist attendees with seating as needed. Encourage attendees to sit in the front and middle of the room.
- Record the “maximum” number of attendees during the session and provide the final counts at the completion keynote address.
Technical Session Assistant
- Assist the session chair as needed (supply copies of documents, pens, paper, etc.).
- Assist presenters with their presentations. Note: Presenters should arrive to the session room at least 15 minutes prior to the start. During this time they will need to upload their presentation. If a presenter appears to have technical difficulties, the volunteer will provide assistance with loading the presentation into the computer system or should obtain the assistant of an AV technician immediately.
- Assist as needed with transitions between speakers (microphone, computer, etc.).
- Record the “maximum” number of attendees during the session and provide the final counts at the completion of each session you are assigned to.
- If applicable, help with virtual components such as monitoring chat and questions.
Poster Setup Assistant
- Assist ACS GCI staff member with poster number set up.
- Provide conference attendees with instructions on where they will place their poster.
- Welcome conference attendees in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Assist ACS GCI staff and/or awardees as needed, if ceremony assistant.
- Assist media team with photo booth and career videos, if reception asssistant.
- Assist companies with setting up tables for their career opportunities, if reception assistant
- Record the “maximum” number of attendees during the session and provide the final counts at the completion of event.