Advancing Sustainable Processes in Pharma and Allied Industries Utilizing Green Chemistry and Engineering Innovations
Symposium Organizers: Isamir Martinez, Scientific Alliances & Business Engagement Manager, ACS Green Chemistry Institute; Louis Diorazio, Senior Principal Scientist, Chemical Development, Pharmaceutical Technology & Development, Operations, AstraZeneca, and; Philippa Payne, Sr. Research Scientist I, Gilead Sciences
Co-Sponsor: ACS Green Chemistry Institute Pharmaceutical Roundtable
The ACS Green Chemistry Institute Pharmaceutical Roundtable (ACS GCIPR), has been a global leading voice for green chemistry and engineering by influencing the research agenda, bridging the gap between academics and industry, enabling better decisions about chemical selection process design, and inspiring and educating future leaders to impact the design of systems for sustainable use.
In this symposium, we will highlight:
- The award symposium for the Peter J. Dunn Award for Green Chemistry & Engineering Impact in the Pharmaceutical Industry and the CMO Excellence in Green Chemistry Award. Announcements of the recipients and their presentations highlighting their green chemistry innovations will be given.
- Industrial case studies demonstrating the use of green chemistry tools in both a proactive and retroactive manner.
- Industrial processes that have shown green and sustainable chemistry accomplishments at meaningful scale, considering reduction in process mass intensity, waste reduction, robustness, environmental, health and safety impact reduction or elimination, reduction in the use of toxic and/or hazardous chemicals, solvents, reagents, etc.
- Implementation and application of emerging greener chemistry technologies both in academia and pharma, and developing partnerships to encourage a seamless approach to the uptake of these.
- Novel innovations that have been developed with support from the ACS GCIPR grants program.